It represents the adaptation of the Italian legislation with the provisions in the European Union: the cookie law, in fact, is a measure which arose both Community (Directive 2009/136 / EC) with the aim of curbing the spread of so-called cookies profiling and related risks to the privacy of Internet users.
The information provided is also based on the guidelines contained in Recommendation no. 2/2001, which was adopted on 17 May 2001 by the European data protection authorities within the Working Party set up under Article 29 of European Directive 95/46/EC in order to lay down minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online – especially with regard to arrangements, timing and contents of the information to be provided by data controllers to users visiting web pages for whatever purpose.
More information are available here: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/3167654
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use, but they do not normally identify you personally. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
We work with third party advertisers to give you access to interesting and exciting travel content through our website. So, as well as setting some cookies ourselves – “first party cookies”, we also allow some advertisers who display advertisements on our site to set cookies, known as “third party cookies”. These cookies record information about your use of advertisements. This helps advertisers to show you advertisements that are more likely to interest you, limit the number of times you may see an advertisement and also to help to improve your online experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies we use fall into 3 categories. These categories are described below.
These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around our website and use all its features. Without these cookies, our website would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, we use a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the website does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. We also use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
Analytics and customization cookies
What happens if you don’t allow cookies?
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, tablet or mobile (“device”), your experience on the website may be limited (for instance, you may not be able to browse fully and freely the website or to add products to your basket if the shop feature is activated on the website).
How do I disable/enable cookies?
In order to disable/enable cookies from your device, you will need to do this via your Internet browser. We have explained how you may manage cookies on your computer via some of the main Internet browsers below. For information on how to manage cookies your tablet and/or mobile, please consult your documentation or online help files.
- in the settings menu, select “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page
- select the “Content settings” button in the Privacy section
- the top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want, it also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- in the tools menu, select ‘Options’
- select the Privacy tab in the options box
- from the dropdown choose, “Use custom settings for history”, this will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tick-box.
Internet Explorer 6+
- in the tools menu, select “Internet options”
- click the Privacy tab
- you will see a Privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- in the settings menu, select the “Preferences” option
- open the Privacy tab
- select the option you want from the “Block cookies” section
All other browsers
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
How do I disable/enable third party cookies?
Third party cookies are not placed by us. We would therefore suggest that you look at those third parties’ websites for information about the cookies they place and how you can manage them.